1. Night Music (Stan Brakhage)
It’s a cheat since I’ve covered this movie on the blog before, one day in the old apartment when I watched an entire disc of Criterion’s Brakhage set. But this film is easily lost in a crowd, being only 30 seconds long (including credits). I rediscovered it in the blu-ray edition and have been watching it on my laptop before every feature, and between shorts, and while writing or web browsing, and any time I need to clear my brain or vision – always silent and full-screen. Hell, I watched it twice while writing this paragraph.
2. La Villa Santo-Sospir (Jean Cocteau)
3. Artificial Light (Hollis Frampton)
4. John & Faith Hubley shorts
5. Cabale des oursins (Luc Moullet)
6. Coming Attractions (Peter Tscherkassky)
7. The Cloud Door (Mani Kaul)
8. Douro, Faina Fluvial (Manoel de Oliveira)
9. I Know Where I’m Going (Ben Rivers)
10. Lullaby (Andrzej Zolotukhin)
11. Cantico das criaturas (Miguel Gomes)
12. Cindy: The Doll is Mine (Bertrand Bonello)
I tend to write posts covering ten shorts at a time, so some of the above links will lead to the same post.